Monday, March 1, 2010

As I take a look back at my personal school experiences I realize life is at times very difficult, for many of us we feel as if we never fit in. I realize that the road less traveled, and doing the right thing is always hard. Whenever I look at anyone, especially a
person of a visible minority, I try to empathize with them, Is anyone judging them ? Why do we do this ? Is it right ?
This


world is at times very cruel in judging others, we don't give a


person a chance before placing them in a category, EMO, Hip-hop ,
etc.
Sometimes we just go along with our friends without creating our own opinion.


When I first came to Canada and


couldn't speak English and people heard my Arabic


accent they assumed my family and I were terrorists. Why do


they say these things ? Why are people racist ? I asked myself



For many years I was angry, angry at racist and ignorant people, then I realized that my anger was only affecting me and not them, It was eating me up and nothing was changing. So I began to established my own views and lifestyle that I would like share with you. It is an acronym called REAL ., The R stands for Respect: respect to all, everyone around us, including ourselves respect must given in order to be received , by doing negative things such as smoking and drinking we are not respecting ourselves
The E stands for . Empathy: the simple idea of putting yourself in someone else’s shoes, feeling what they feel, seeing what they see. never putting anyone down. Imagine what it's like to actually be that person
and Finally the last letters And Love: Love to all, the idea of love has lost its true meaning, love can be the ultimate understanding , or acceptance of one another. In order to live in a great society we must all become REAL and care about one another regardless of colour, gender, race or religion. I realize


now that we must see God in everyone around us. We are all brothers and sisters and created by the same GOD. We are blessed to live in one of the greatest countries in the world and lucky to have the people of the world represented in a small area like the GTA.
I cannot change the world but by changing myself and my views in turn the world will follow.
do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Love all your neighbours, not just the ones you like


thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment